It may seem from the outside like we've been sitting on our laurels since returning from Japan last month, but nothing could be further from the truth. We wanted to take a minute to update you guys on just a few of the things we've got going on behind the scenes, or coming soon on the web site (or even "IRL"):
- Physical store - things are definitely moving forward. It takes some time to get these things done, but we're very close to knowing exactly where we're going to be. We're in active negotiations over a location right now. It's both exciting and frustrating at the same time, because anything involving a legal contract always takes about twenty times longer than you want it to. Be assured that we will let you know immediately once we sign a lease. We'll be too excited not to!
- More brands - either shortly before or shortly after opening the physical store. This is another thing that you might not realize is really tricky. When you're trying to deal with Japanese brands from America, it's not as simple as calling them up and saying we want to sell their clothes. It takes some convincing, especially for the larger brands. We're also trying to get the right mix - we're being picky. So it's not a quick process. But we're actively working on it.
- More clothes! Believe it or not, this is an in-between period for manufacturers right now. They're all gearing up for their fall collections, while a lot of their summer clothes have already sold out. We've already got fall orders in with two of our brands (which should be arriving in late summer) and we're planning another one with the third brand soon. We'll probably up the size of these orders once we're settled on a physical store too. Oh, we can still order summer clothes - it's just that the supply is a bit limited. But feel free to email us with special order requests.
In the meantime, we've still got some used clothes to post. Just haven't had time! But we will within the next few days.
(Oh, and about that Angelic Pretty order? Still pending...)
- Coordinate how-to's. Sometimes it's tough to picture how things are supposed to look when you see them by themselves on a mannequin. We're working on ways to fix that. SEX POT makes it easy - they put out their own coordinate books complete with their own models, and we've got permission to post them. We'll be doing that here, along with English translations. We may need to get a little more creative with our other brands. We'll see what we can come up with! (Eventually we'll have our own models, but not for a while.)
- Scrapbook. We want to give you guys a way to show off your own coordinating skills. We'll feature photos of our customers and fans wearing the clothes we sell, probably both in a featured slot every week and also on one big board on our web site. (And maybe in our store?) Probably won't be up for a little while, but you can send us your photos starting now to help us get ready.