No big news today, but here's a bunch of stuff we've got going on or coming up:
- We still have a few SEX POT ReVeNGe desktop calendars to give away! They're free with the purchase of $100 worth of SPR merchandise. This offer is good while supplies last, both online and in store. We will just include them with online orders - they won't show up in your cart, but we'll give one to you if we have any left when you order. If you want to know if we still have them, email us just prior to placing your order. We'll then hold one for an hour after answering to give you time to place your order.
- We just posted five new SEX POT ReVeNGe shirts, plus we've restocked the Burn with Anger custom t-shirt. Also new is the Dark Rich Boston Bag (only black is left in stock).
Check them out!
- Our main products page is now organized by creation date rather than alphabetically. So you can now see all of our newest products right on that page, from all brands, as soon as we post them.
- New Victorian maiden items should be in stock this week, including a few Rose Garden series items (though most will go to reserves). The shipment is currently awaiting customs clearance at JFK airport.
- New ALGONQUINS items will be here soon, finally! We're going all-in on Patti-chan - if you're into cute, customizable stuffed animals, look forward to that! Also new handbags, wallets, skirts and other products.
- We're also expecting new MAXICIMAM items, including a restock of the Chainsaw Girl t-shirts and scarves, various umbrellas, and some new products.
- We've ordered more PUTUMAYO cat ear coats (enough to cover our waiting list plus a couple extra), plus some new stuff from them. Once we know how many coats we're getting, we'll put them back up for order. This will be the last time we can get these coats this year.
- We have an ALL NEW PRODUCT CATEGORY in the works. Not just a new brand, but a whole new thing we're gonna be selling. What is it? It's a surprise! You'll find out soon enough. (Hint: it is not something you wear.)
- We're going to be ordering more from SEX POT ReVeNGe shortly - if you have any special orders you'd like to submit, now is a good time. For anyone who hasn't done it before, we take a 30% non-refundable deposit. We'll probably post more about this in a few days.
- UPDATE: Forgot to talk about our two press mentions this week! First, it's kind of a dry read, but AOL has a profile on us in their small business section. Then, Victoria Suzanne showed off a one-piece she bought from us in a post on Lolita Charm. Very cute.
Now, a mini-FAQ.
We've got a full FAQ on our web site, but it's long and probably not everybody reads it (though we encourage you to).
So, just a couple things we get asked all the time in our store and by email - these will be added to our main FAQ shortly:
Q: Is everything in your store on your web site?
A: No! If you can, please visit us to see everything. Certain items like socks, gloves, and various small accessories aren't on the web site because they're either too hard to photograph or just go in and out of stock too fast. We also have a few older things from SPR and Algonquins that we just never got around to posting.
Q: Why do you sell such limited quantities of items? Everything I want sells out almost immediately!
A: It's usually because that's all we can get! Most Japanese brand items are limited edition by nature, especially Lolita items. A lot of them are hand made. We've had the experience many times already where we have cleaned out all the stock of an item at the brand itself. This isn't always true, but often it is. The best advice we can give is that if you see something on our site that you like, grab it while you can - there may only be one, and we may not be able to restock it.
Q: What is your in-store sales tax policy?
A: We follow the New York State sales tax law. We collect tax on clothing items over $110, and all non-clothing items. The total tax rate is 8.875%
We do not collect tax on out-of-state or international web orders.
Q: What is your store neighborhood like? What else is there to do there?
A: This is a huge question and not one we can easily answer. The East Village is a big neighborhood with a long and varied history, most recently as the center of the city's counterculture, and it's full of shops, bars, nightclubs, restaurants, and tons of Japanese stuff. We are on the east side of it. Some of the best ramen places in the city are around here (we recommend Rai Rai Ken, which is a tiny place but with great ramen). Also Japanese toy shops and more. You could easily make a whole Japan-themed day around a visit to our store. (Hey, that's an idea for a future blog post, or maybe an event!)
Q: You play too much American music in your store.
A: First of all, that's not a question. Second, you know what they were playing at the Algonquins store in Tokyo when we were there? FOO FIGHTERS.
We play what we like, Japanese, American, British or whatever.
Q: Do you need to push or pull the door of your store to get in?
A: Please PUSH, like the sign says! Otherwise you risk startling the employees and causing them to spill their coffee.
If you have any other questions about our store or web site, you can feel free to ask in the comments here.