A lot of you have been asking about this since we opened, and we're finally now in the process of getting ready to hire a couple of employees. (Yep, it's been just us owners up to now.) We are looking to hire within a month or so.
We're looking for one or two people to work part time, just one or two days a week to start. Actual shifts can be determined later, but we're looking to fill a total of around 15 hours per week to begin with. The hours we need will probably grow with time, meaning we'll either give this person/people more hours, and/or we'll hire more people down the road. (But no promises.)
- counter clerk duty
- customer service
- maintaining store appearance and cleanliness
- maintaining back office appearance and cleanliness
- store opening/closing (must be punctual)
- knowledge of and interest in the fashion we sell
- must be of legal age and status to work, preferably over 18 (but you can still apply if you're over 16)
- must be local to our NYC store and able to get here on time
- must have some flexibility in your hours (the hours might change week to week)
- you MUST "dress the part" while in the store - must possess at least some clothes in the styles we sell
- previous retail experience
How to apply:
Email us a cover letter and resume with the words JOB APPLICATION in the subject line (if the link doesn't work for you, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org). Make sure you include your REAL NAME and phone number on your resume and in your email. Also include your age - we'd prefer those over 18 so they can be alone in the store.
If you do not have a resume, it's pretty easy to create one. We're not looking for high-end, professionally produced resumes (unless you happen to have one), we just want some relevant information about you. Here is a sample resume that you can look at - we just need whatever info you have, even if you don't have much experience. In your cover letter, feel free to write in more detail why you think we should hire you.
We're going to be honest - we'd prefer our first hires to be people we already know and have built up a certain amount of trust with. That said, everybody's free to apply, and we might feel differently once we see the real experience shown on the applications. And we'll probably be hiring more people later, so if you don't make it in this round, we'll still consider you for the next.
Keep in mind also that we do want people to look the part, either punk or Lolita (we're hoping for one person in each style, but it will depend on the applications we get).
Thanks for your interest!